The APO-Summicron-SL 75mm f/2 ASPH. has its own special qualities: they are compact and fast, and deliver outstanding performance. Their speed enables a wide range of new options, for instance the creative use of depth of field to isolate subjects from the foreground and background, showing the special bokeh Leica lenses are known for.
A further new highlight is a significantly shorter closest focusing distance that lets the photographer capture fast movements or the use in challenging lighting conditions.
The construction and design of the Leica APO-Summicron-SL 75mm f/2 ASPH. clearly illustrate the next step in the development of lenses for the Leica SL-System. The result is reflected not only in more compact dimensions, but also in the significantly lower weight of the lenses. The already exceptional performance of the lenses already available for the Leica SL has actually been surpassed, not only in terms of resolution, colour and contrast rendition, but also in the homogeneous centre-to-edge sharpness at all aperture settings. A further new highlight is a significantly shorter closest focusing distance and faster autofocus with Dual Syncro DriveTM.
The optical system of the APO-Summicron-SL 75 f/2 ASPH. is comprised of 11 elements, one of which has an aspherical surface. A very high proportion of these elements is manufactured from specially formulated, high-quality glass Typs for the correction of chromatic aberration. Their particular optical property, so-called anomalous partial dispersion, enables compensation for chromatic aberrations resulting from the other glasses in the optical system. As a result, even highlights in images remain almost completely free of colour fringing.
- Compact high performance
- Universally usable lens opening up new horizons for photography in the versatile zone between standard and telephoto focal lengths
- Fast and silent focusing thanks to extremely precise autofocus with Dual Syncro DriveTM
- Precise production “Made in Germany” in accordance with highest quality standards
- Prevention of stray light and reflections by high-quality coating and optimized mechanical design
- AquaDura® coating against dust and splash water for the everyday-use under extreme conditions
- The eye recognition is suitable for creative shallow depth of field work and distinct isolation of subject details and portraiture
- the maximum reproduction ratio of 1:5 allows for impressive images
- L-Mount bayonet