Leica SL2 with Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH. Lens Kit
The Leica SL2 Bundle consists of a Leica SL2 Body and a Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens.
The only mirrorless full-frame system camera designed and crafted in Germany, next to the Leica M.
The Leica SL2 combines a brand new 47 megapixel full frame CMOS sensor with state-of-the-art sensor-based Body Image Stabilization, to get the best image and video quality possible with all Leica lenses. The new Maestro III processor enables fast burst shooting and 4K for the highest quality and flexibility, and the optional Cine Mode speaks the language of cinematographers who require a professional work flow. The new OLEDEVF with 5.76 million dots of resolution guarantees the clearest view and composition through a Leica lens. These new technical achievements paired with a large 3.2" rear LCD and the essential Leica three-button control layout make the SL2 the most capable and approachable professional system camera.
Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH.
The Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–70 f/2.8 ASPH. is the ideal lens with broad appeal for any photographer given its ability to equally capture reportage, travel, studio, architectural and landscape photography, as well as portraits, close-ups, and video content. With its extensive focal range, consistent maximum aperture of f/2.8, and vast scope of uses, this new addition is a shining example of a lens that can be enjoyed both by professionals and first time SL-System users alike.
New Sensor with Body Image Stabilization
The newly developed 47 megapixel full frame CMOS sensor – with an ISO range of 50 - 50,000 – gives photographers all the resolution they need while still maintaining high speeds and versatile low-light shooting. The integrated BIS system offers up to 5.5 stops of stabilization with any lens, including adapted Leica lenses never before stabilized, allowing stills and video to be steadier and helping guarantee sharp images even in low light with slower shutter speeds.
4K Video Recording with Cine Mode
The Leica SL2 is a perfect hybrid platform for both stills and video, now recording 4K across the full sensor. It goes further with 4K video up to 60 fps, a cropped 5K mode, built-in 3.5mm headphone and mic jacks and 10-bit quality direct to card. For pros operating in a high-level work flow, the SL2 can be set to Cine Mode to speak the language of cinematographers. For example, shutter speed becomes shutter angle and ISO becomes ASA.
Leica Object Detection Autofocus System
The advanced contrast-detect autofocus system of the Leica SL2 is capable of face detection and body detection, to track moving subjects and maintain pinpoint accuracy. Intelligent-AF (iAF) can be used to focus on still subjects and begin tracking them as soon as they move. The focusing settings can also be fine-tuned by the user to adjust the behavior and tolerances for tracking.
Long Exposures in Less Time
Users now have the option of turning off Long Exposure Noise Reduction in the menu of the Leica SL2, allowing photographers who capture long exposures to work quicker and more conveniently. Capture detail in even the darkest scenes with a maximum shutter time of 30 minutes.
Leica Camera is happy to announce a new cooperation with Capture One. Capture One 21 Pro allows photographers to tether their camera to a computer by cable. The software offers advantages such as a powerful Color Editor tool, as well as a straightforward user interface that can easily be adapted to the photographer's requirements. The new version of Capture One 21 Pro includes improved import options, simple Brush tool settings, as well as the new Pro Standard color profiles, which prevent color shifts when making changes to the contrast. Exposure settings can be controlled from Capture One 21 Pro and photos can be taken remotely from the software. Tethering with the Leica S and SL-system has never been easier.
- 47 Megapixel full frame sensor bring new levels of image quality
- Built-in Body Image Stabilization for steadier shots with all lenses
- 4K recording with Cine Mode for a pro-level video output
- Streamlined menu interface and button layout for easier/faster use
- Improved ergonomics & weather sealed rugged build
- Made in Germany
Download SL2 Technical Data.
VARIO-ELMARIT-SL 24-70MM F/2.8 ASPH.
- 19 elements (3 with ASPH surfaces on both sides) in 15 groups
- Consistent f/2.8 maximum aperture through full zoom range
- Fast internal focusing with a single, lightweight lens element
- Compact dimensions and lighter weight thanks to omission of OIS
- Lens is stabilized by the SL2 and SL2-S BIS systems
- Excellent sharpness across all f-stops and focus distances with creamy bokeh and the Leica look
- Metal body with weather sealing
- Durable in any environment, making it suited for even the rigors of outdoor landscape and adventure photographers or the hustle and bustle of a pro wedding photographer
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- Leica SL2, Battery, battery charger, Carrying Strap, Body Cap
- Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH. lens, lens hood, lens front & rear cover SL, lens cover, soft bag