NOCTIVID 8x42, green
More than a century of expertise in optical design, microscopes and cameras are the basis upon which Leica has created a new generation of Leica binoculars: the Noctivid. The Leica Noctivid glasses are compact in size, stylish, and elegant, but nevertheless unbelievably robust and resilient. Ideal for every walk of life, the new Leica NOCTIVID binoculars set new standards with their design alone. The binocular tubes can be easily grasped with one hand and, thanks to the short construction length, the weight is centered on the palm and allows for fatigue-free observing. The rubber armoring has outstanding grip, absorbs impacts, prevents slipping, and simultaneously lends the body of the binoculars a wonderfully comfortable feel. A patented, hardness class 8 surface coating provides additional protection for all exposed metal surfaces of the robust magnesium body. The real milestones however are set by the mechanical and optical design of the new Leica family of binoculars. They unite the best of the latest and most innovative technologies to create a new pinnacle of excellence. SCHOTT HTTM (High Transmission) glasses – already used in the Leica Ultravid HD-Plus optical design – ensure amazingly brilliant colours and a high transmission. Innovative baffle systems for the suppression of stray light guarantee optimum reduction of reflections and maximum contrast.
- Images of incredible depth and plasticity thanks to large exit pupil and optimal levels of contrast
- Steadiest viewing image thanks to large field of view and perfect ergonomics
- Natural impression thanks to superb colour-neutrality
- Broad field of view for barrier-free overviews at short distances and maximised viewing performance at long distances
- Limited edition
- 12 precise glass lenses of SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) for amazingly natural color rendition and increased brightness.
- Improved geometry of lens surfaces for never-before achieved edge to edge image sharpness.
- High-temperature plasma deposition lens coatings for perfectly balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light
- Innovative new baffle system provides new levels of stray light reduction for improved image contrast.
- New eyepiece design for longer eye-relief, nearer close focus, and wider field of view.
- Light-weight, high strength magnesium body with patented hardness Class 8 surface coating for superior corrosion protection.
- All external lens surfaces benefit from Leica’s HDC® coating for superior abrasion resistance and Leica’s AuqaDura® lens coating provides for ease of cleaning and crystalclear views in any weather
- Superior sealing and nitrogen purged for the highest rated water/fog proof performance in any environment – submersible to 16 feet.
- Rubber armoring for sure grip, added impact protection, and comfortable ergonomics.
- High mechanical precision focusing system for properly metered focusing speed and tack-sharp images.
Prism Type : Roof prism with phase-correcting coating P40 and HighLux-System HLS™
Magnification : 8.0x
Objective Lens Diameter : 42mm
Angle of View : 7.7deg. (actual)
Field-of-View : 443' at 1000 yd / 135 m at 1000 m
Minimum Focus Distance : 6.2' / 1.9 m
Exit Pupil Diameter : 5.2mm
Eye Relief : 19mm
Interpupillary Adjustment : 56-74 mm
Dioptric Correction : ±4
Focus Type : Center
Dimensions : 124 x 150 x 68 mm 4.88 x 5.91 x 2.68 in
Weight : 30.3oz (860g)