Leica Summaron-M 28mm F/5.6 Silver Chrome Finish
Delivery Date : 3 - 4 weeks
Leica Camera is pleased to introduce the Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6, a reincarnation of a classic lens design and the most compact M lens to date. The Summaron-M is modeled after the original screw mount Summaron 28mm f/5.6 lens produced at the Leitz factory in Wetzlar from 1955 to 1963. The new Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 is recreated with an M-bayonet mount, 6-bit coding and a slightly revised mechanical design but no changes to the optical design itself. Each lens will be a special order item, made only after an order has been placed.
- Optical design similar to the original Summaron 28mm f/5.6 lens
- Most compact M-Lens, with an overall length of about 3/4” (less than 2cm) is unobtrusive and ideal for street photography
- Provides unmistakable imaging signature which otherwise cannot be reproduced by digital means
- Through its combination of large depth of field, natural contrast, excellent rendition of details, and visible vignetting, the Summaron-M gives images a unique character, reminiscent of analog photography
- Combination of a clearly laid out depth of field scale and long focus throw allows precise and easy zone focusing
- Depth of field scale is colored in red
- Assembled by hand from top quality materials and finished in Silver Chrome
- Made in Germany and delivery scope includes metal lens hood and cap.
- The design and manufacturing process of the metal lens hood has been recreated to match the original Summaron lens . It is first machined from solid brass and then given its ultimate form by a turning and bending process.